Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time to transplant...















I know that my father in law was the inspiration behind the tomatoes but he didn't feel well enough to help this year so it will be time to move on and get these transplanted. I can leave them in there a few more days but it really would help them if I got them into bigger individual pots. I have to get some tilling done as I want to get my potatoes into the ground soon. They need to have a lot of time to grow and develop. I bought a couple of packets of seeds, herbs, this week but the spinach seed was all gone. I guess it is popular to grow your own now. I hope our weather continues to be nice and I can get some of these things done.
I bought a new set of oil paints today and a canvas, so I must be headed for painting another one. My old oils were so old and some of the caps had fallen off so they would have been hard to use. A new start is good and it will get my creative juices going.
I took my wife our for dinner tonight and stopped at the bookstore. It has been a good day.
Thanks for reading....

4 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Your tomatoes look great, you will have lots to eat! I hear that vegetable gardening is really on the rise right now because of the economy. I like to because they just taste so much better!

L. D. said...

I forgot to mention that my late father-in-law use to grow a hundred plants or more. He would give tomatoes away to everyone. I cut down for him the amount and there still are too many. I am going to give plants away to neighbors and friends.

Erin said...

I think people are wanting to grow their own spinach because of the scare last season. People started making their own pet food - and the pets end up usually missing out on key ingredients. I wonder how many people have tried to make their own peanut butter...

Rosaria Williams said...

Tomatoes? Yummy