Saturday, May 9, 2009

Think redbuds, not machines.....



I have spent two weeks here at home with my brother-in-law trying to get a tiller started. It just isn't going to work. I was in Osceola today to mow my late parents yard. The riding mower could have done it in twenty minutes, but the back tire was totally flat and the battery was dead. I could have jump started it, but the jumper cables were shot. My brother had done a number on them and one clamp was gone. The almost new-looking push mower that was also in the garage, looked promising, and I tried to start it. No, it is not going to be started today. I couldn't find any wrenches that would fit the bolts on the machine to get to the carburetor even though there were tools scattered just everywhere on the two benches.
So finally, after going to two different stores, I bought a new push mower with a bagger to mow that lawn. It is designed so that you can fold up the handles so I could bring it home for my yard. I will give my old mower to a neighbor who has a rider but always needs to borrow my push mower for a ten foot square area. Oh yes, did I mention the garage door opener. It worked when we initially got there, then the opener jammed. I could not get it to make the opener close and the manual switch inside the garage door would turn it off and on but something must have come off the track.
So let's talk redbud trees. I like them and have admired them for years. They grow along our highways and are so striking in color.
I bought this one a few years back and it really isn't very dark like the ones I see around town. I guess there must be different varieties as I distinctly remember the tag saying redbud tree. At this point I will take a pinkish colored redbud tree over any machine. I really do like my new mower though. Thanks for reading.....

1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Those lawn gadgets are so frustrating !
"The First Sgt." spent half a day trying to get the weed eater running, and then finally....
Broke the mower blade (2nd one) on a tree root.
I love your little gate, it is so unique ;)