Friday, May 8, 2009

Yellow Kitty....

Cats come and go. When the come and your not sure if you can return them to their owners, you don't go ahead and name them. This cat's mother came to us on a very snowy day as a kitten and immediately curled up in my lap to warm up. She stayed but we called her Gray Kitty. I guess it was a description of her more than just a name. This cat in the photo was her last kitten and she was an only child. So she automatically became Yellow Kitty, daughter of Gray Kitty. Gray Kitty was eventually called Grandma Cat as she was the reigning cat of the cats. We have had this kitten for a very long time. We are thinking she is over 13 years old. My dad made my sons this wooden barn and it sits on my steps as I just haven't taken it to the basement yet. Yellow Kitty loves it and you can find her sprawled out sleeping away inside on a daily basis. You can see she likes to crouch in there too waiting for the next feeding. Thanks for reading......

1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

oooh I just love cats...
By the sound of it , you're a cat lover too !
What a beautiful kitty, she looks so affecionate, and such a pretty cat.
Your fortunate to have generations of kitties, and watching the same traits and personalities :)