Friday, May 15, 2009

The wren's are back!!!!


I was whining about how the wrens were back at my neighbor's house and I still had a birdhouse laying on the ground. Well, joy is back in my yard. There is music out there again. I picked up the birdhouse, cleaned out the hundreds of old sticks and put a new fastener at the top and I rehung it. Just yesterday I could here the singing of the male wren. I was concerned that they went somewhere else since there house was gone but I guess they were just waiting for me. I will try to photograph one or both of them once it stops raining.
The photo may seem strange to you but I manipulated it with Photoshop. I captured it, shrunk and repasted it down four or five times making a distortion of the photo creating a design. It actually looks like a modern trellis but really it is my grape vine fence that has only three rails on it.
My wife and I are finally seeing the end of the flu around here. I don't think we are contagious anymore. We may go to a garage sale this afternoon at the Art Store in Des Moines. Our bodies will need naps yet today before we will be able to do that but we do feel better. The odds of getting the flu were stacked against us as we live next to a town where we shop for groceries with high risk potential for flu from Mexico. I have also been substituting in the public schools here way too many times. There were a lot of contagious looking students hanging around all day. They should have stayed home. Life is just always an adventure, just like the photo I submitted today.

1 comment:

Erin said...

In my opinion, the H1N1 virus was sensationalized for ratings. Couldn't have been a coincidence that during the peak of May sweeps, the only news story seemed to be "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"