Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Viola violet and purple.....


This is a lone violet sitting among my old fashioned rose bushes. Note the healthy Creeping Charlie.

The lilacs are just about to open. I think we will have some warmer weather soon and that will be great for opening up those little flowers.

These guys are my late bloomers. They seem almost statue-like and seem to be enhanced by the greens around them.
Speaking of greens, I just gave away about 50 tomato plants. I had planted a lot of them for Clarence to take care of and he is now gone. I think that I will only plant about ten or twelve plants this year so I have more to give away. The lady that I gave plants to was so grateful, and I kept saying no I am the grateful one. I just can't let plants die so I usually put everything in the ground. I had 76 individual tomato plants in just one section of my garden last year. This will free me up to plant other things this year. Thanks for reading.......

3 comments:

Erin said...

If you still have some left this weekend, I'd LOVE to take some off of your hands!

L. D. said...

Sure, write me at ldburgus@yahoo.com so I can write you back. It is early to get them in but I can drop off either this weekend of next. I can drop off even if you are not at home. Who is going to steal tomato plants off of front steps?

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I would love to have some also, but may be a bit of a problem, shipping them to Tennessee...
Hhmm, now if I only lived close by ;)
The lilacs are stunning, I want to plant some this year, I did get some new flowers planted yesterday, I wish I had time to plant everyday.