Monday, August 2, 2010

Leftovers........


I have found a few photos in my July file that I will show before I move on to the new August file.  My granite ware pan has another beautiful set of blooms this year out on the patio table.


Big jars and little jars were photographed but I don't believe that I have shared it before now.  I see I have about 5 more of those large blue jars down there in the garage to rescue. If this is a repost, I am sorry for my memory lapse.


This could have made my "photo a day" blog but I will share it here. I like how they are maturing at different rates giving us orange and green versions of the coneflower.


A sneak peek of the quilt I found that goes to my youngest son.  It has many cloth pieces that I can identify from my mom's scrap pile and my grandmother's scrap pile.  I will show more of this later.

Graveside burial of my brother's mother in law cremains.  It is always a time to reflect and look at life as the ones we looked up to pass on before us.  She leaves a wonderful husband that has yet to live his first year without her. He is in his 90's.  She was an at home dementia patient that he took care of, so he is healing physically and also emotionally.

My brother looks good. He had a lot of health problems but seems to be mended and back to work.  He will be here a week or two so I hope to get to see him a few more times.  Thanks for stopping by........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheerful flowers and I love the jars - especially pretty with being able to see the flowers behind the jars.
Catherine at A Gardener In Progress has featured the white coneflowers before and I would love to have some for our yard. Yours are very pretty and I enjoy seeing the different stages/colors.
My heart goes out to your brother's FIL with the loss of his wife that he cared for so long. Dementia is really hard on the caregiver.
It's nice to hear that your brother is feeling better and I hope you two enjoy good times together during his visit.
I love the quilt you have given us a peek at. So special for you to recognize the scraps of fabric.
I was sad to read about your mural being mostly covered during the unveiling. I know it was just one of those things that we never plan for, but I am sorry after all you and your wife's hard work. It really is lovely and I have had many family members/friends to visit your blog to view it.

Alan Burnett said...

Some fabulous patterns and colours Larry. I like in particular the glass bottles - something so historically rich about them.

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful pictures! And I've been scrolling through some of your older pictures -- great quilts! So glad you got your mom started on what is a wonderful, creative, and therefore therapeutic, activity.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Another beautiful quilt Larry!
Good to hear news of your brother..have a good visit with him. It seems they are back for more than just a class reunion..sometimes it must be hard to live so far away from relatives.
Your White Coneflowers are lovely:)

L. D. said...

When I was 16 my brothers stated moving out of state. My oldest brother Ron got out of the Army, married, moved to Arizona and the next brother moved to California. The third one moved also to Mesa before I was out of college. It was almost like I was an only child left to take care of the folks.