Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday's Scatterings.......


This is a newer one of my roses that didn't start blooming until August.  It puts out about three blooms, I cut it back a little and some new buds are forming.


Another shot of this newly born lamb.  The little children loved to put their fingers through the fence and touch the soft fur.


Another shot of the Jacobson Arena.  It has a large screen at the end that really adds to being able to see the action.  When they have concerts in here they will clear the clay on the floor and the stage will be at the same end as the screen.  The roof in the center is made of a translucent material that reminds you of nylon canvas.  It lets in a lot of natural light and reminded me of the new large stadiums with their center openings.


The fair ends today and this calf will be glad to get out of this building. It would go back in the shelter rather than have people always touching it. The calf really needed a nap as you can see.


It being the last day of the fair, school will start for the majority of the state. Some of the schools opened last week on Monday.  The monarchs are migrating so summer must be coming to an end.  This blurry guy was busy eating on the coneflowers a few weeks ago.  My coneflowers are done as the excessive rain just made them all turn black and die.  I don't know if they have seed on them or not as they normally turn brown and stay the winter.  I don't think any of them will be standing this winter.

It is a busy week ahead and many things are to get accomplished.   Thanks for stopping by and take care............

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your header picture, and your rose is beautiful. I bet the lamb was nice to pet, but the poor calf had had enough, and I don't blame him one bit.

Have a nice Sunday ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday Morning Larry, What a beautiful rose. I sure did enjoy the fair pictures this week. That poor calf was just worn out! The goldfinches were thoroughly enjoying my coneflowers before the rains of the last few days. Now, like yours, they have turned black and the lively goldfinches are gone. I had hoped to get a photo of them! Have a good day.

Sunny said...

That's such a beautiful rose, I wanted to sniff my monitor! I expect the fair is stressful for some of the animals. It's hard to believe it's back to school time, it seems like summer just started. I like the butterfly on the Coneflower. I posted one today with a bee but the flower was not in my garden.
Hope your week isn't too hectic.
☼ Sunny

Paul C said...

Late blooming roses often have a great richness in colour and texture. Better late than never.

The Retired One said...

Loved the Monarch photo and that rose is perfection!!