Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Night Glow"..........the final show........


As evening was setting in and the balloons from the north were landing, the balloons were staying inflated and were being assembled all along the fence. The balloons that had taken off earlier were south of us and the owners were now diving them back to the viewing area.  They had deflated their balloons, rolled them back up and put them on the trucks to help with the show.


Most of the balloons were still inflated from finishing their landings and so all they had to do was maintain some of the heat in the balloon to keep them erect. The baskets were anchored and one person was designated to sit with the balloon and blast the burners every once in awhile to keep it going.


Some balloons that were brought in for this were having  to be reinflated and the burners were doing their job to get them back up and standing.  At this point I notice businesses had paid the balloon owners to attach their ads on the side of their balloons.  Those that were being inflated had the signs attached ready to be seen by all.  Others were deflated enough to get their signs attached.


It is almost dark now and you can see the different burners are busy doing their thing.


Once everybody was ready to go, the announcer was asking the crowd to do countdowns and the balloons would all pull their cords to make their burners blast all together.


After much time spent on this we finally decided to go home.  While walking back to the car we could see them doing their thing flashing their glows to the crowd.  It was a great thing to see.  I had admired photos in the "New Mexico" magazines for years where they also have Balloon Classics.  I was glad we were able to finally go and see one in person.

I have so many more pictures than this but they do get repetitive so  I will hold back.  I have a few that I will share as abstract compositions or interesting close ups on my photo a day blog.

This concludes the saga, the final chapter is written, the last hurrah is done and I think that will do it for now.   I do have to warn you that my State Fair series will be coming around in the next few days.  I will be sharing the event with many photos of the event as usual.  Thanks for stopping by.......

2 comments:

Gary said...

LD, I have really enjoyed your coverage of the Balloon Classic. I all most feel sad that this post end your coverage. But I am now looking forward to the State Fair. - G

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great series of photos Larry, very interesting! I am looking forward to the State Fair Photos too:)