Friday, August 13, 2010

Saturday Slump..........


Having found Superman behind a row of large books on the shelf he seemed a little blurry.


A little fresh air and sunshine seemed to bring him back to life. He had been lost behind there more than 15 years.


I also found in the former old playroom a small novelty toy.  It was so small I remember the guys really didn't like to play with it.


I found an old wooden cigar box that was full of very old buttons.  It had been from my home and I expect that mom didn't throw a single button out.  I found an old button from an old couch that we had until 1959 when we took it to the dump.   It was a faded brown couch with extremely rough, scratchy material.

In the button box I found the little chick from my plastic set of farm animals. The pony was the second to the last thing to find but this chick will probably be without any mother.  I doubt I find any of the hens or even the goats that went with the set. I have various boxes of things from home and I am really doubting that any stray animals will be found now as I have already searched them out.

I can tell that all of my blogging friends are tired from the summer work and play.  I almost did not blog today, but I dug out my toys and thought old memories are always good.

Have a great Saturday and stay out of the heat.  No rain in the forecast for a couple of days.  We are suppose to be cooling down at nights but it doesn't make much difference as 79 degrees is not cool.  Thanks for stopping in today..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plastic farm animals bring back memories for me. We had an old metal cookie tin that held such pieces for many years. Georgia finally received rain yesterday but we still have the terrible heat/humidity. Enjoy the weekend.

The Retired One said...

Isn't it fun to find old toys and reflect on when you or your kids played with them...I think that is why the movies of Toy Story were such a big hit...I mean WHO did NOT own a Mr. Potato Head?? hhaaa

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great old finds, I like the memories that they stir up ..especially the farm animal I played with some similar ones for hours. I think the heat is getting to many bloggers it is hard to get out and do anything..we in Minnesota are lucky..the few warm days we had this past week have gone and we are only in the low 70s today..in fact my feet got cold..LOL..:)