Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday........


A deep view of the maple tree with the stray yellow leaves from the birch showing through. I have so many shots of these two trees that it take a lot of sorting to be sure I am not reposting them on either blog. This is an earlier shot of the tree as you can see by the next photo below that it did change to a redder color.


Our grass was dormant looking dead but the rains did bring the yard back to green. We are having normal cool temperatures today and rain may creep in again in a couple of days. The yellow maple on the corner of the neighbors has lost a lot of leaves the last couple of days.


The birch tree is dropping its leaves now.  On Friday it dropped off enough leaves to make it look like it lost a third of them.  When the wind picks up today it will probably lose the rest of them.  It it truly fall when the trees become  bare.

I had Friday off this week so we made a run to the building center.  I eliminated two old aluminum storm windows from our double kitchen windows.  I like the old windows but they are so cold and I will replace them with new someday.  The storm windows were really not doing much good other than keeping us from seeing out through them.  I picked up two full pieces of plexiglass and will make my own for each window.  I will have to cut some wood strips to use in holding the pieces in place.  I will have to shorten each piece of plexiglass by a few inches but it is easy to cut.

I also found that I had some molding on my one gallery window that was rotting.  I decided to remove it all and replace it.  The molding on there was 28 years old and I guess I wasn't smart enough to put a primer on the wood back then. It was on the north triple window and the snow sits on it all winter and being on the north it probably doesn't dry out very quickly.

Well, the day is ahead of me.  I don't want to work very hard today but I do want to get a few things done. Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your trees are still beautiful! Ours are all done, it was a nice weekend..it hit 50 on Saturday..warm!! :)