Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Another Posting.....


I don’t remember the name of this zinnia.  I bought it to fill in a space in my rows. I really like it and I can’t imagine how they genetically created it. I have seen only two blooms of this kind so far but there is time for more of them to bloom.

Some of this clematis is vining onto a red twig dogwood branch.  I could see that I am to going to get off of there so I will just be glad it is vining and blooming. I like all the shadows in this photo of the   vines and leaves.

At the bottom of the stairs on the north side of the house I have added things the past two years creating an informal country garden. Recently I planted some Stella O Dora lily with I am hoping will set in during this summer.  I had never moved any of it and decided to just dig a small chunk of it on day when I was mowing up north. Another day lily was put in on the other side of this arrangement so it will keep growing. I never liked mowing there anyway so the plants save me from doing so.

I replaced a lot of the sand under the steps but I don’t have much of it washed into the cracks yet.  I am walking a lot of the sand around which is helping it to set the bricks in place. I will go back and work on them on another time.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I love that shot of the clematis....

I have a couple spots I am wanting to plant hostas till I don't have to mow.

Laurel Wood said...

The zinnia reminds me of peppermint candy. Love the shadows with the clematis. We have gotten rid of almost all of the grass in our back yard and replaced with plants and mulch.

Laurel Wood said...

Just googled and I think your zinnia is "pop art white and red." Here is a link to seeds: https://www.selectseeds.com/annuals/zinnias/zinnia_pop_art_white_and_red_seeds.aspx