Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Middle of the week....


I do remember when the men landed on the moon.  I came home from working, washing dishes, at a truckstop and it was on the television. My mom had decided to have people come over to play cards and there was a house full of people at ten thirty at night.

I found some oak millwork at the lumberyard.  It is refinished so all I had to do was cut it to lengths and glue them together.  They are going to be hung in our bedroom.  We have been in the new home for two and a half years and we are still making decisions about where to hang things.




This is a closer look of one of the paintings with then new oak frame.



One of the first zinnias to bloom.  They plants are at a wide variety of ages with some six inches tall and others tall and blooming.







The second bloom is here.  In less than a week I should have dozens  of blooms.


The petunias have really grown in the past few weeks.  These are planted next to the hardy geraniums and it is a large pink spot of color.  They blend in so much that they are really noticed among the pink geraniums.

We have received some rain this Wednesday morning and it was really needed. We haven’t had rain for a long time. My yard was turning brown and that seems too early in our summer season.






Thanks for stopping by today.