Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday’s Things....


The atmosphere was causing the moon to be orange. My camera picked it up once and the all the other photos were not this color. Our very heavy humidity and heat was getting in the road of the camera’s shot.



My lilies like having the new fence as a background. It seems to go with the whole color scheme. I like the day lily flowers and may bring some more down from the old place after they bloom.












I clipped a couple of blooms from the old place yesterday and I did find that this plant next to the garage is the very same lily.  It is so close to being a true red and yet there is a touch of brown in it.







The monarda is looking lighter in color because of our hot days.  I need to water them more often to keep them lasting longer.












My coneflowers are all in bloom no.  These are in the front planter and they have some black eyed Susan flowers creeping into their territory.









The old traditional phlox did move to the new place and survived.  I am betting it will be bigger and stronger with more stems next year. I am awaiting to see the white phlox to bloom before I did it and bring it to the new place.  The butterfly weed can be seen in the background.   I have seen monarchs this summer but I have not had a camera with me.

Thanks for stopping by today.  We are making plans for a visit to see the grand boys and the grand daughter.  It is getting exciting as all things are falling into place.  We will be traveling on 100 degree F. day which is suppose to feel hotter than that.  We will be just fine as long as the Buick holds up.   Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

When I'm out with Theo during the early morning, I notice the moon. Great shot you have shared. The lilies are so pretty. I wish I could find some monarda...maybe next year. Our black eyed Susans are doing well. The coneflowers are new and should be prettier next year. How exciting to meet your granddaughter for the first time. I wish you safe travel and a great visit.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Cool Moon! I missed it last night. Sure is hot here today. Hopefully the weekend will be cooler.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I really like those Coneflowers! Your flowers are looking good even if it has been so warm:)