Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday Things......


The winds did blow the pink hollyhocks down but they were shorter and I did get them to stand up again without any stakes. I did stake up the big white ones.  The needed three steel posts and lots of string to get them back up vertical.

This daylily is crowded up against the new cupola that I placed next to it.  I know that it will just spread the opposite direction and won’t be damaged.  I see I have another orange lily similar to this that I will bring down from the old place.

Another crowded flower is this phlox.  It has a bluish color to it.  It to is being crowded but by a day lily.  When it is t through blooming I will find a more open space for it.  I looks very challenged and yet it will live.

I planted in the garden today two more starts of my fern leaf peony from the old place. I still have two or there  plants up there so I have not robbed the garden up there. I also planted some meager looking starts of a Sella ODora lily.  They were hard to dig and I just wanted some off the side of the existing plant.  I can watch it to see it they took.

These were all bought from the marigold section of the nursery but they really don’t bloom like a marigold.  The row of them around my tomato patch has really grown in nicely.  The whole area is about two weeks later than last year.  I am getting sun drop small tomatoes now to eat.

I dug these from the old place. The parent plants are blooming just like these.  They get so tall and heavy weighted at the top that they almost lay down on the yard.  They are so hardy and they grow more stalks each season.
When you hold the new granddaughter, one has his picture taken too.  She is a special one as she follows two brothers. I have two nieces that do have girls but they are all in high school or college now.

Ella knows her big brother and smiles every time he comes around.  AJ was so excited once she was born and would present here like a show host, look we have a new girl. The three year old guy is closer in age and I bet Teddy will be a good brother when she gets older.

Teddy is more interested in playing on the floor with everything or running around the house bouncing and dancing around.

I spent some time in the garden today  getting things back into order.  I had to water things and pull a few weeds.  Our front planter is just not as showy this year but I bet by fall it will look great. The knock out roses are start to bud and bloom again.

We are having a second beautiful day today with really mild temperatures. It was almost too cool to mow yesterday but our morning today is just a perfect nice.  Things are growing in a good way and the heat didn’t leave any bad damage anywhere.  I do notice that the yards in our neighborhoods are extremely dry and they were turned brown during our very hot days.   Our temperature gage on the car was 100degrees on Saturday afternoon which we returned on the toll road back to Iowa.

Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Are those double Hollyhocks Larry, I've never seen a bloom like that ?
Gorgeous.
Your flowers always looks so well-tended, and happy, lots of color in your garden.
What a beautiful little granddaughter, and she's so happy to see her brothers :)
Cooler temps this week....finally !
~Jo

Laurel Wood said...

Always a joy to view your pretty variety of flowers. Best wishes with the fern leaf peony starts. We already see that we need to relocate two hydrangeas we purchased. The sun is just too hot where they are now.
Sweet photos of you, Della, Ella and AJ and Teddy. Those brothers will be Ella's protector over the years.
Our temp was 10 degrees cooler today due to clouds and light rain. Nice not to water the flowers this evening!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good photo of your GRands! What fun for you!:)