Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Not a Cool Tuesday......


 Brothers in crime keep track of all the bad things that are outside the sliding glass door.  Whatever it is that might be a fright we hear about it.  One day it was the wheel barrow that I had left out in view.  They look alike and act alike and one makes songs sounds to my wife when ever she is around.  The other has a different call that it developed the past three years while we lived at the new place. When I hear the call I know it is the other bird. 



The lily blooms will be showing soon. There are two stalks of this and they are doing well after being moved here from the other place. 



The golden privet was moved from the other place too. It never did well at the location that I had it planted.  When I moved it here where it sits in full light and gets water from the eaves troughs.  It is manybe going to have to be trimmed back.  Its purpose is to hid the gas meter. 



I will be moving this flower soon.  It is crowded out now by a big hosta, a sedum and a spike flower with purple flowers.  I do have some space to move it to and will do it when it cools down a bit. 



I am happy to see the zinnias are finally up.  They are crowded as I didn't know if the see would even germinate.  I can dig and move a third of them into a new row. 


 

We are hot.  The temps are high and the late bloom of this peony shows the effects of it. I work outside in the mornings and I have to take breaks while doing so.  I will water tomorrow morning early the flower seeds that haven't germinated or shown any green yet.  The tomatoes get watered whenever I see my neighbor water his.  I have four regular tomatoes down from thirteen of last year.  I do have two volunteer yellow pear tomatoes planted now and they are really setting in after their move. 



I have been painting on my plastic shed.  It is finished now but this photo is one of it in progress yesterday.  I think it looks like my garden temple as its whiteness matches the newly painted columns under the sun room and deck. It was a former owners shed and it was a dirty and moldy gray.  It really cleaned up good. The former owner left me all of his garden tools and a tiller as he could not take them to his condo in Boston.  The realtor told him I was a gardener so I am sure he left them on purpose. 

It is Tuesday and we have a couple of more hot days to come.  We don't cool down much at night so the air stays on all night. First day of summer and it sure does feel like it.  Fifteen days of daylight and now we start to count back down again, a few minutes at a time per day.  Thanks for checking in today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun to see the birds! You have been busy, be careful in the heat!

Val Ewing said...

I did painting too while it was hot. Love to see your projects, they are amazing.

Rose said...

It is so hot here already...according to one weather place it reached 100 yesterday but my thermometer said 102. But have always felt it registered a little high. And 91 here already...it is like walking out into an oven almost.

so nice of the previous owner to leave you his tools...I bet he was happy to think someone else would care for things.

Your flowers are looking good.