Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tuesday's Things....


 A day after the rains gives us some cloudy skies.  It has warmed up as it is summer. I was glad to see the sun later in the morning. 

 


 

This is the surviving hydrangea with a lot of history.  The flippers who bought our old place has cleared every single shrub.  This came from the front of the house and I am pleased to have it doing so well here at the new town, new place. 


I planted the hosta to kind of cover the base of the water barrel.  I now need a hose to get water as I don't want to damage the leaves with a bucket. I didn't expect them to get this big but I am glad that they are. 



The columbine continues to bloom.  It is starting to look faded though as a lot of the blooms are gone. 



The small rose that was barely blooming in the shade is not a large rose bush. I see it needs to be deadheaded.  The colors are pastel and the roses are great forms. 



The "William Baffin" rose is doing so well here.  I now have a plan to build a support system for it but that is on the list of things to get done.  I know what I want to do now and will need to go to the lumber yard. 

I mowed the back yard this morning.  It was long and I had to bag it to keep it from clogging up everything.  I had a weed patch that the mulch could be used.  I then painted on the back poles and supports of the house addition.  It is looking so great as I am now putting the final coat of paint on it.  I can see two or three more mornings of work will finish up that project.  My plastic garden shed is going to get a coat of paint now as it looks pretty shabby next to the other fresh painted parts of the house. 

Thanks for checking in today.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I've never seen columbine flowers of that color! They are beautiful.

Each year I am always amazed once more that the hostas grow so large. But I am so grateful to have them all over, they bring a smile to my face when they start coming up each year!