Saturday, June 4, 2022

Saturday's Chores and Things....


 A locust tree in the front yard is great to see.  I enjoy the different kind of foliage that it has and the lacey look as you view through the branches.



Last year's guy who mowed the lawn for me, took his weed eater and clipped off four or five stems of the red peony at one time.  I only took out one this year when I did my own trimming.  It came in as a bud and went ahead and bloomed.  I think a big ant came in with it as I discovered crawling  through the house.



My climbing rose "William Baffin" is just starting to bloom. It has a lot of buds on it and I need to check on it on the far side of the house often.  It is a great rose that survives our winter temps. 



My black iris are blooming now.  They really are just very dark purple but in certain kinds of light it looks black. The buds are definitely black before they open.


I finally desecrated the oak storage unit in our kitchen by hanging the shelf.  Later on I decided to place a small nail below it and turn the space into a revolving artwork spot.  Each week I will switch the paintings that size for display. My wife actually got two art works shown the first two weeks and this third week I have one of my paintings.  

I mowed the front yard this morning and watered the flowers.  The flowers in that garden couldn't wait for it to rain.  I won't paint on the back of the house for two days now.  I was on a step ladder for a couple of days and I really need to not do that for awhile.  I will start the second and final coat of paint on all the poles and support beams of the sun room and deck.  It really looks good from a distance being painted white but up close one can see the paint needs to be recoated one more time. If it gets hot I can just paint in the mornings. 

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

My grandma used to take a big bowl of water and float the peony blossoms in it. The ants wouldn't get around the house then.

I still bring in peonies that way. Your flowers look amazing.

I also have a wall with photos that I rotate out every once in a while to change up what is presented on the wall. Great idea!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice way to display different paintings! Step ladder work always gives me charlie horses...and you use muscles you forgot you had!