Monday, March 16, 2009

70 degrees in Iowa.......

Most states in the United States have diverse temperatures, varied winds, and some sort of seasonal change. Iowa has knee jerk weather. We have had average snows this year but we had abnormal amounts of cold arctic air coming down from Canada many different times. The picture shows what we look like most of the winter outside at our sign identifying our gallery and frame shop.
Today we were probably over 70 degrees. I would love to show a picture of that, but what we have is debris all over the yard, dead very grey leaves, small and large sticks and soggy areas where the frost is just starting to come out of the ground. The winds were tough on the trees and all the branches are strewn here and there. I even have branches up on the roof. I need to rake, but knowing Iowa I don't dare uncover the flower beds because we are not done yet with cold weather. We get freezing rain on tulips and frost up until the second week of May. So I will rake and clean a little but I won't get into any hurry as I have the whole month of April, when it isn't raining to rake and clean. Thanks for reading....

No comments: