Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A start on a painting....


I started a painting last week. I cropped a section out for you in order to see what it sort of looks like. I have so many distractions that I haven't painted for four or five days. I have other projects that interrupted it and today I have to teach my adult teacher mentor class. Maybe tomorrow or Friday I will get to it. Tomorrow we are going to hit the Des Moines Art Center, for lunch and to see the painting "American Gothic" by Grant Wood. The painting is actually owned by the Chicago Art Institute and is on loan for now. As you can see my painting is an abstract collage of things going on which describes my retirement life right now. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

dellartist said...

OK, how does a sailboat describe your retirement life right now, or have you been busier than even I know? Next time you take it out, can I come along?

dellartist said...

By the way, it is a beautiful painting. I can hardly wait to see it finished!!!