Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Garden Fence Decoration.....

As a long time art teacher, I always have each year one or two students who never take any of their work home. As a young student I would never do that, but todays kids live for the moment and sometimes do assignments just to make me happy and get a grade rather that make it for enjoyment. So for all these years I have collected these things, houses, that have been abandoned. In all honesty, I kept them around for a few years because sometimes, rarely, a student would come back and ask if I still had a certain project. When I quit teaching it was either the dumpster for them or bring them home. My neighbor gave me the woodedn box from her garage and it made a perfect shelving unit for student's clay houses.
Another project I have planned is a large amount of clay masks. I want to put them in a water feature looking up from under the water, just like the one scene in Lord of the Rings with all the bodies looking up from the swamp water.
It has been a long day with father-in-law in emergency room for a large part of the day. He came back home with us with a new walker. Thanks for reading....

2 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a great way to display the birdhouses! I don't understand kids not wanting to take things home either, I remember when I was a Brownie leader how many girls didn't want something they had spent time making.
Hope your father-in-law is okay now.

Erin said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. And I remember making one of those masks...I think I took mine home...but ended up losing it or tossing it because clay and I do not agree.