Sunday, March 15, 2009

Naked ladies......

Naked ladies in my garden. This will be the most risky my blog will every get to be. When we lived on the farm on top of our hill, the previous owners had planted these lilies and they would be all foliage most of the summer then late summer after we had mowed the green leaves down, these spikes with white lily flowers on the ends would shoot up. I was told they were called naked ladies. Now that I have grown up and I saw that I could buy them, I did so. The different companies that sell them vary the names from surprise lilies, the fall bloomers, and sometimes in the catalogs you will see them labeled naked ladies. They struggle to get through the cone flowers and the black-eyed susans but they do hold their own. Right now this spot looks pretty sad but I will clear it and rake it and soon the green sprouts will start again. I can hardly wait. Thanks for reading.....

No comments: