Friday, March 27, 2009

Garden Gate...


I live in a 1904 farm house in the town of 1500 people. It is the older part of town and was call Colter before the railroad caused them to name it Woodward. This picture shows the green that I am anxious to see. I am tired of the brown and we are back to freezing temperatures again. This gate is our back door garden gate. The old sidewalk was made by the WPA (Works Progress Administration)(1940) after the depression, and the small one going to the gate, was one that I found under a lot of soil. It is a homemade job by some previous owner. I had fun building the gate and the latch is due an adjustment as the whole gate has settled and the latch is now a half inch off, making it hard to open and close. That green looks so good to me right now. Thanks for reading.....

An older story about this gate.

No comments: