Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Birds and Blooms....


 It did rain a few drops at the east of town.  I saw the wet pavement when I traveled over to Menards. It stayed dark and cloudy for a couple of hours and now we are back to sunshine.



I gave my bird feeder its first coat of paint and put it back out with fresh seed. The very first bird to show up was this younger female cardinal.  She stayed for along time working on the sunflower seeds in the pile. 



She has fluffy, scruffy feathers still but I am sure she will smooth out in weeks.  I think the adults nested near by but we rarely saw them. 



I have a couple of visitors to my feeder now.  It has been all summer that not a one hummer showed up at the feeder. 



It is Wednesday.  I bought some edging bricks for my patio expansion. I have twelve of the in place now and I will return to do the final three at another time.  It got to be too hot and I had to just stop working. It is summer and the sun is hot.  Schools have started now all around us and the kids are back to work.  I saw a load of high school kids dropped off in our area after school.  There were over a couple of dozen of them headed down the hill to locations south of our development. I really didn't know there were that many but kids don't seem to go outside much anymore.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Great shot of that Hummingbird!

Val Ewing said...

I think the hummers are starting to migrate. I swear that they send out signals to other birds when they find feeders.

I had to put out a second feeder for ours but it seems they prefer the 4 o'clocks and the zinnias!

Your patio expansion is looking great!

Far Side of Fifty said...

A baby Cardinal, you are so lucky!!