Friday, August 19, 2022

The Friday Finds.....


 

The side view of the sunflower shows the remarkable structure of these blooms.  I have a third stem that just has not started to bloom yet.

 


 Underneath the sunflowers some of the zinnas are shooting up below the big leaves. The seem to like the shade.



Another zinnia that grows there became so tall that it became top heavy.  It is a beautiful red that has enjoyed the soaker that puts out water for everybody in the raised bed.



My first set of blooms from the glads looks like this. It is best to bring them in so they can be view closely.  The zinnias at that patch are so tall that these can not be view from the house.

 


My body has told me now that I have overworked while doing this project.  I sort of took the day off yesterday but then I do remember that I loaded two bags of play sand, two bags of raised bed soil, and six of the concrete steps shapes yesterday.  I then unloaded it all and wheel barrowed it all down the his to the back of the house.  My back seems to have shut down on me so I guess I really will have a light work day today. I am better and can now walk upright again after a few pills and a hot shower I am better.  The hardest thing I have done so far is to make sugar free Jello. My wife takes good care of me.

We had a light rain of two tenths of an inch last evening. We are predicated to have severe storms late this afternoon.  Any rain will be welcomed.  Thanks for stopping in today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your new addition to the patio looks great! That Gladiola is a beauty!

Val Ewing said...

I love it! My zinnias are going strong as well as a few of the sunflowers. I will leave some up for the gold finches and gather some heads to dry for seed next year.

Love your glads! They are one of my favorite flowers to admire. I never had good luck with them though.