Sunday, August 28, 2022

Rainfall is Possible for Sure.....


 


 


 The last sunflower is finally opening.  We got a 2.25 inches of rain over night.  It was so wonderful. It was in two fronts and it just plain rained.  I am so happy.  The grass and flowers are happy too.  More rain that that hit north of us which will help our rivers to maybe fill up a little more now.  The rivers were so low as people could walk along the river on sandbars. 


 

I couldn't believe that there were more robins being hatched at this time of the year.  Ours were gone out about three weeks ago.  Having a few new cardinals being hatched was a treat.  I will be watching to see if there actually were more than two hatched.  I had to refill my seed sack for the goldfinches as two small ones were out there trying to get to the very bottom of a mostly empty sock.  I spilled some as I filled it out on the deck but all the birds like to eat off the deck anyway.  

It is a nice day with sunshine and some wind.  We are all revived because of the rain.  Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful flowers!

Val Ewing said...

Wonderful that you finally got much needed rain!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for rain and your Morning Glories are just stunning!!