Sunday, August 21, 2022

Checking In Today.....


 


 It is a hazy cool morning.  The moisture is thick in the air but it is not raining.  The grass is greening up a little from some of our sprinkles.  



The volunteer plant that the birds seeded in my garden is putting out its seed. I only know corn so this is a different plant for me. 



The zinnia patch is looking great again this year.  I find in fascinating how genetically some stray white flowers show up or some really small yellow ones blend in too. 



A great example of another genetic kind of zinnia is this one.  I have never seen them for sale ever and yet it did show up among my collected seed from last fall.  I will try to mark this bloom and harvest it for next year. 


It is a quiet morning here and outside in the city. People do sleep in on Sunday and not so many have to go to work. Cooler weather means the swimming pools will be quiet also.  People were out walking their dogs yesterday with the weather being so pleasant.  The dogs are so pleased to be out and about. It will be good to have a day off for me today.  Thanks for stopping by today.