Saturday, August 27, 2022

Saturday's Collection.....


 The last sunflower to bloom is a smaller one.  It still has all the structure as if it is the big one. The other two sunflowers are starting to lean from the weight of the seeds. 


Seeds are being developed in the larger sunflower.  I suppose the birds will start pulling seeds once they have develop. 


The pool was crowded with the newly hatched sparrows. The seem to be just sitting in the water.  Sometimes I could see them splashing with their wings.  I haven't seen many birds actually use it as a bird bath. 



He is a friendly rabbit that isn't frightened of me.  I like him but I don't like that he strip the leaves of my gladiolas.  I will dig the bulbs in the fall and plant them again with a cage around them.



The bunny allowed me to have only three stems of blooms this year even though I had planted a couple o dozen bulbs.  I think enough green was left on things that they can be fortified for next years planting.



I am glad I was able to get pictures of this young guy two days ago as I have never sen him again since.  The female does show once in a while to get more sunflower seeds.

It is a warm day that feels more like a warm sauna.  It is high humidity and no rain even though the predictors  said it would be.  We have rain predicted this pm.  I may go stand in it if really does happen. Thanks for checking in.........today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We got rain last night. Hope you have a good weekend!