Tuesday, August 23, 2022

The Things of Tuesday.....


 

All in a row with great bright colors.  I have so many shots that I could take of these zinnias but it does get to be too many shots.

 


 We are still in a drought.  We get damp foggy mornings that does put dew on the grass.  Rain is predicted later this weekend and it really is not a strong promise. 



My neighbors to the south do not grow tomatoes.  The neighbor to the north of us usually has great tomatoes but this year their vines all got a disease and died.  I gave the neighbors to the north  some tomatoes yesterday.  My wife sent along a birthday card for Judy as today is her 80th year birthday. She has five daughters so she has plenty of family to share her day of celebration.



The former owners had Russian sage planted in different places.  I really don't like it as the plant just seems to be so disorganized.  It flops all over and spreads everywhere.   I tried to dig it out of the front garden and I thought I had it removed.  Instead of it being gone it cause it to spread all up and down the area. I do like it as a flower but i have to cut it and put it into a vase to appreciate it.



The phlox have really lost a lot of its bottom flowers. It still is beautiful if one takes the time to appreciate it up close.  It is easy to grow and it spreads in a good way unless it is crowding out an iris. 



The extension project of the patio causes me to create new gardens around it.  The hostas will probably be too crowded when bigger but I can thin those out. I have just two more sides of development of the new area.  It will take a couple of mornings to do the nine foot side. I don't have the design plan figured out for that anyway but I am spontaneous when I work.  I could see a peony on the corner and a couple of iris spotted along it.  Then I will fill it in with whatever that I can snag from the other plants of the garden. 

We are on the low 80s today.  The morning was cooler but the day is a nice one.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

That ground sure looks parched...