Monday, August 8, 2022

My Shots and a Few Thoughts.....


 I watered them and yet they just did not bloom as much this second time around.  We got a half inch of rain last night which is better than nothing.  Nothing is what we are getting for the rest of the week. 



I was so surprised to see this blooming a few days ago. I had planted the field lilies, ditch lily, in two different places and they did not bloom this year.  To my surprise I must have planted this one also in the front yard in between peonies. This third one bloomed.  It seems to be planted very closely to a hosta and I really don't know how that happens. I don't think I will separate them until they both get to be more mature. 



They are small but just enough for us.  I gave four of them away to a neighbor the other day.  I watered them this morning with the soaker hose to keep them going.  The plants look very healthy unlike my neighbors plants that are dead at the bottom.



The specialized zinnia that I bought last year did carry over another year.  I  planted seeds of it and I do have a straggling few of them showing up among all the bright colored ones.

We are having a cooler day today.  It is 80° right now and it feels good.  We are going to warm up more through the week.  The half inch of rain actually turned some of the grass green again.  It is amazing how little of water it takes to revive it.  It is August in Iowa now so dead looking grass is the norm though.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: