Friday, August 26, 2022

Brother Red....


 The brother to the young female cardinal showed up today.  He is mottled yet and feathers are changing.  He didn't stay for very long but he was there long enough for me to get three rough looking shots. 


 

I keep sharing the tomatoes as we can't eat them all ourselves.  I am glad that I can water them and they are staying alive. 

 


 

I watered the zinnias this morning. They look wilted at the end of each day.  I also watered a fading dogwood bush this morning.  I have a couple of areas at the back of the house that actually needed to be mowed but most of my yard isn't even green or growing.  The stuff at the back of the house is in the shade and the water that drains down from the roof keeps it a little more alive.  My mowing time lasted ten minutes at the most.  It is Friday and another week is almost done. Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I love your creations in the yard, they look so beautiful. Still sorry that you are not getting the rain you need!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your garden looks good, I see what you mean about The Russian Sage looking untidy! It needs to be in a spot by itself!