Friday, August 5, 2022

The Findings for Friday.....


 

 


 I rarely have any good luck with onions.  I picked up a pack at half price late spring and put them in the ground not expecting much.  I was surprised that I did grow onions this year.  I pull a few of them off and on to keep us in fresh onions.

 


 My latest project is to find crowded plants and move them away from their invading partner.  The hosta I saved the other day and  the iris I found that was sitting under phlox.  The iris would probably never bloom in that location.  The day lily on the left I moved out and away from the thriving and expanding pink rose.

 


 A new project of mine is repairing and recycling a dormer window.  It is a long story for another time but a neighbor tore down his  greenhouse entryway to his back door.  I salvaged interesting parts of it.  The future  use of this will be announced when I install it.  I have to remove all of the glass panes and replace glaze in them putting them back into the holes.  I haven't glazed windows in so  many years.  

It is going to be another hot day.  I watered flowers in the back yard and turned water on the soaker hose that is around the tomatoes and sunflowers.  The grass keeps fading away and no rain is in sight.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I used to have to do that with the old windows at the resort the windows were all about 8 or 12 panes of glass...I got better as the years went along and I had a stash of replacement panes:)