Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tooosday.....


 We got sprinkles for a long period of time. The measurement was three fourth of an inch.  It is welcomed .  I am hoping people south of us got more as they needed it desperately. 



One lone zinnia of white stands among all the others.  The scant rain did help refresh things but that is mostly because it cooled off.  I am sure it will warm up again as it is August in Iowa. I have never had a white zinnia so using harvested seed can give one a variety of colors. 



I don't really have the time to figure out the movement but this one has amazed me.  The sliver of the moon at the first of the cycle was in the  west behind the trees. I looked out my front door and looked to the right. As the moon cycles kept changing the moon at the same time of the night was in the southwest.  It was to the far left at the front door low in the sky. Two nights ago the moon at the same time of night was in the east.  As it shrinks down in size the clouds were blocking the camera's ability to focus on it. It actually is 180° from the start of its appearance to where it is now. I had to go to the back of the house and see it. low in the sky. off my deck. 



I was surprised that we got so much rain as they were predicting .40 of an inch.  I see by the net this afternoon, the doomsday green people say we will become the Death Valley of the United States.  I guess we all will go hungry as they fly around in their jets talking about it.  I worked in the yard this morn on my patio space project.  It was very pleasant and I had to wear a hat because of the sun.  I have progressed and will start laying squares of concrete tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: