Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday Morn.....


 It is lightly raining this morning but it won't last long. Maybe more to come but I don't hold my breath. 



The volunteer tomatoes are supplying us some small bites to eat. There were two plants that came up on their own in another garden area and I moved them over to the big tomato patch. 



The blue spruce is such a great tree.  I inherited it when I bought the place and would never of imagined that I would own such a big spruce tree. The birds love it all summer and the rabbits hang out below it as the travel from place to place in the yard. 


It does show some wear and tear on the north side of the tree.  It is thinning and I know there is nothing I can do about it. 

 


 

The Flynn's milk jar is a great one for many uses.  I use it to dip water out of my aquariums as I need to change some water each week. The glass jar is made of thick glass and feels sturdy in the hand.  I had milk delivered to the house in Woodward the first year that I lived there in 1977.  I think the delivery man came three times a week.  One got a cooler that set on you door step to help keep it cool before you picked it up in the morning.  You paid them in an envelope and never really met the person who was the milk man.  I could say milk person but I don't think women took those kinds of jobs back then. 



I was concerned that the stairs to the deck was built directly on the ground.  I had the camera handy and zoomed in to see that it is built on the very large weather treated block of wood.  I still don't know if it is placed on a cement block but I hope so.  It is too far under there for me to dig around to see what was done. I guess I could make a space and dig a hole in the front of the stairs to see how it was done. Wood rots easily in our soil. 



I lost most of the flowers in the front raised garden.  A few have sprung back a little but the whole garden lost its good blooms look a month ago with the drought hitting us. 

It is a dull gray day so far and I won't be working outside today.  I will find things to do inside and stay out of trouble.  Thanks for stopping by today.




1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Stay out of trouble! It is humid and muggy here and I hope you get some nice soft rain to liven things up there.

We have mud all over the place but a nice western breeze that should dry things a bit.

Enjoy your day.
:)