Saturday, August 20, 2022

Saturday All Day.....


 We never got the rain but that was good.  The Des Moines area south of us got heavy rain and golf ball sized hail.  The hail broke out a lot of windshields or back windows of cars.  


The warnings were continual but it stayed south of us.  The State Fair people had to head for shelters also as it was a bad storm. 



The one day blooms are so great and the photo shows all the backup buds that will take their turn in blooming.  Some days the sun come out and they are closed up early in the morning because of the heat. A wet cool day today means they will be in bloom most of the day.



I keep bringing in more cut flowers to enjoy inside.  I have so many blooms that I don't worry about cutting them randomly anywhere.



We are not getting rain again today but we do have a light mist coming down.  I took the shot in very damp weather and the flowers can be seen enjoying every drop of it. 



Don't sit down here.  I place things in the camping chair that I want to take inside.  It is a temporary holding site but sometimes I think that looks strange.  I usually pick up the stuff right at the end when I go inside and am finished working. 


I am still not done with this.  I have a few tiles that I need to lift and pat in some more dirt and make them more level.  I share a visual of this again because the two sons check in on the site once in a while and they can see what I am doing.  I have planting plans for around the edges of the new bump out area.  The wood will go away and soil will be worked in up against the sides.  

I feel better today even though I did crash from all the work that I had been doing.  I haven't lifted anything for two days now and am walking almost normally again.  If I don't start work again until Monday I will have some good healing time.  We did go to Hobby Lobby this  morning and we had a great time.  We bought stuff!!!!.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Wow, I'm glad you didn't get the storms, those are nasty with large hail.

We had some huge downpours here. Everything is soggy.