Monday, August 22, 2022

Moment of Time.....


 






I spent the morning replacing batteries for out fire alarm system.  The batteries finally wore out and the system complained about it in the middle of the night.  We have a loud protective system so when it notifies one of its battery drain it is a priority to get them replaced.  The electricity is also connected to the system so we were not in danger. 

I worked out side later then getting some of the white iris planted in two different places.  I still have others to plant as it had really reproduced lots of new roots.  I worked at leveling the new patio squares with some more sand to finish it up. It looks more level now as the settling should be complete now. That was enough work for the day and I am glad to just rest up from it all.  

The State Fair is over now and school starts in many different schools today or Wednesday. The summer has gone by quickly.  I watch the PBS local broadcasts of what happened during the fair and I can pick up on the different things at my own time frame.  We watched the art show yesterday and the crowing of the western queen crowned as the prettiest and best rider of her horse.  We also saw dung tossing contests and the favorite foods at the fair that was for sale. The favorite food was a huge baked potato covered with prime rib, onions, and sour cream.

Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I would like that baked potato also! Sounds like great fair food! Your flowers are very pretty, that rose is a great color:)