Sunday, August 7, 2022

Some New Shots....


 A young male house finch sits on the rail.  He isn't very old as you can see by his short tail. He is starting to turn red with his head feathers.  He sat there a long time not sure what he was suppose to do next.



I planted my own marigold seed from last year.  The heat really did keep it from blooming until just this week.  It has been a long wait.  I now know why I buy nursery plants that are already started in the greenhouse. 



The came up volunteer from bird seed.  I thought the leaves were of a corn plant but this does not looking like the tassel of a corn plant.  I watered it keep it going.  The farmers corn is so wilted and burned out from the bottom up.  Rain is happening north of us right now.  It is their second rainfall in northern Iowa. 



A newer project that developed by me buying a plastic whiskey barrel.  I will put gold fish in it for the rest of the summer and then bring them back in before the freeze.

It is a quiet Sunday around here.  It is very hot and humid.  I will water everything tomorrow again except for the grass.  Thanks for checking in today. 



2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The baby bird was probably resting! Stay cool...I wonder if that plant is Millet?

Val Ewing said...

That heat and humidity was a killer. We had more rain too. Gosh! Did it all miss you?
How tough!

My marigolds came up from the seeds that were dropped last year. They have been blooming for a week or so. But they are in the warmest part of the garden facing south.

Yours look great. You can enjoy them until frost then, right?