Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Middle of the Week....


 It is now time to bring in zinnas for bouquets.  I want the plants to be bloomed out enough that I don't make holes in the display out there.  I used an old pot that I made in college, 1973.  It is one of my first successful attempts on a wheel where you stand on one leg and kick the wheel with the other. Good memories and bad memories. 



A sea of yellow among the other kinds of zinnias.  I scatter the seed around when I plant them and really don't know what color that I am planting.  It is interesting to see the way they bloom out.  I have a good red one that is few in blooms so I may mark the colors this fall when I collect flower heads. 



A younger sunflower is budding now making it seem hopeful to have another large sunflower bloom. I had a dead gold fish that I buried next to this one and I am waiting to see when if it makes a difference. 


 

The third sunflower plant is looking like this now. I guess that this one might bloom by the end of the week. 



I am pleased with the goal post project.  I am finished with it and now like it.  When you work on things sometimes you think the big picture is bad.  Now I like it all that I created with the support system for our deck around the fireplace bump out.



I like seeing all the beams and stair supports.  The goal post are now decorated with one hundred year old brackets and and old eighty year old transom from a greenhouse. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love it Larry! That window is just perfect there!!