Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Tuesday's Things......


 The  young male cardinal returned today for some sunflower seeds. I had not seen him for a couple of days.  The female was at the feeder yesterday.



It was sprinkling while I was taking shots. If you look closely at the photo you can see the circles or rings made by the raindrops.  It never did rain but I guess something scant is better than nothing. 


It made me happy to see these sprouts from the base of the phlox.  I had just moved it there and it died down right away but the roots are aparently alive and well. 



Whatever this corn leafed plant makes the birds will love it.  I will feed it to my cocatiels if it matures and survives the outside birds. 



I had a volunteer cone flower growing up among my front rock garden.  They were  big enough with lots of roots that I could move it back here.  I was too lazy to move the plastic goose and just planted it right under his nose. They should do well.  I have filled up my cottage garden and couldn't find a good place ofr it.  I thought this would be a good place to start it. 



I had a leak under the sink in the kitchen.  I hate plumbing.  It was the connection between the garbage disposer and to the drain.  I took everything out and put the parts into clear plastic bags. I took it all to Ace and bought everything brand new.  I have installed it all now with a lot of difficulty. Plastic drain pipes are good but the require a lot of trial and error to get it all to fit into the space.  I have not drips now.  I think the drain was getting plugged up at the far end and the house was built in 2003.  I will quit watching it daily for a week or so before I declare it fixed.  

We have a sunny day today and the grass is greening up a bit.  I won't mow until more of the brown turns to green.  Resting up from being a plumber and standing on my head.  I thank you for stopping by today.


2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We've had very little rain this summer, and excessively hot. I'm surprised all of your flowers are still thriving and looking so happy, and sprouting new growth !
Autumn is just around the corner, I'm ready 😃
Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

We had a plumbing problem last spring and the standing on your head is not fun. I think your mystery plant is Millet:)