Monday, February 15, 2021

Freezing Monday Day.....


 This is a best shot of these guys. They love the clean tank and the new light mackes them more active. I had to get rid of the self feeder as it didn't fit with the new hood.  I feed them and they are now tame enough to come to the glass to beg for food. 


It is minus 6 this morning F. and I had to wear gloves to get the garbage down the driveway. It didn't seem bad and yet my fingers still got to be stingy with that cold.  I waited for it to warm up to take it out as it was minus 12 F. this early morning. 


I have low heat on all night but I have to crank it up to make it warm up for sitting out there. The table is an old one from an older couple in southern Iowa.  They were down on the farm people and lived off of their garden. That table had the natural oak finish but did have  painted decorative designs on it.  It sat in a kitchen next to a wood burning stove. They had chairs without their backs on them to sit on.  Many an eggs and bacon breakfast was probably eaten at that table. Sadly they probably wept there when they lost their son in the Normandy Invasion in France. One son is still alive living in a nursing home and all the rest of the family is gone. Originally there was four sons, George, Harvey, Lowell, and Loren. George Horton is the one that died in the war. I remember my mom being asked by Iva if she thought I would use it and take good care of it. It is treasured piece that I have had since I was 20 years old. 




My fold out Valentine truck I received from my wife. It is an amazing creation with its truck full of hearts. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your fish are pretty and the squirrel looks puffed up to keep warm. He is handsome. Your table is a beauty and what a great story about it. I love cardinals, and your fold out Valentine truck is really a wonderful gift from your wife. ~ May you both have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Rose said...

What a story has been lived at/around that table. So glad you shared it with us.

It was sure cold in your neck of the woods...

The Great Ethan Allen said...

cool truck! I love pop up cards. The cold temps are all the way over here too. IT climbed up to zero, but now it's falling fast. I throw coffee into the air to watch it disappear! Fun!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a pretty place to sit at your table! It is a treasure for sure!