Saturday, February 20, 2021

Saturday Stuff.....


 My buck deer stands gaurd ovrer the place. He has lost his lights connetion as the people who clear the walks have buried him and his electric connection. We will get up to 31 degrees F. today so the snow will be melting a little. 


When I see the sparrow like this fly in I get excited because I think it might be a chickadee. No such luck as the mask is the same but is brown.  The size of the bird is larger and its shape really isn't the same.


It is one of the pretty sparrows with the chest feathers and the contrasting white and brown mask. The brown is a great color too with the red brwon tones on its head feathers. 




The tray is a hit for the birds. I will have to fill it each day.  I notice that some of the seed is being shuffled to the deck and ground but the birds will clean that up. It took a few days for the birds to eat there but then all of a sudden that I had an empty tray and I didn't see it being devoured. 


The last shelf has found a home on the stairway wall. It needs things to be place on it but for now I got the hardest part done, finding where to put it.  My wife did a lot of trial and error to see what looked best. 

Warmer weather on Sunday means also we will have some more snow. It will be interesting to see if the couple of inches will actually accumilate or will melt as it comes down.

No comments: