Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sunday Afternoon News.......


 


 I have too many photos of my cardinal. I guess I will share just the very best ones or the ones with some story to tell with his friends. 



I moved my walnut chest of drawers to the workroom yesterday. I have decided that I am going to work on it in the future as my health continues to be better. I have some new things wrong with me but I don't think that will stop me.

 

I brought this home before my body decided to shut down.  I had placed it into the living room space of the downstairs temporarily but I didn't know that they would stay there for so long.  Anyway, I moved the shelves first to the workroom one drawer at a time on Friday.  That was good but my moving of this base was more difficult and I could feel pain in my rib cage the next day. That rib cage stuff was related to my surgery in the past. It is good to get it moved and closer to the work zone. I am going to have a lot of engineering work to get the base put back together. When my former student, friend, gave this to me it was held together by a cord because it had all fallen apart. 

 


I bought the three shelves on line and really wish the were made with better wood.  I have one up and now I have a second one up. They are going to work but I am still debating where the third one is going to be placed. I guess I need to be more picky when I look over the products before I buy them. 

 We are minus 8 degrees F. this afternoon. We had to up our thermostat a couple of degrees and the furnace  is working longer than normal. Our big room feels better when we turn on the fireplace and we do that off and on especially in the evening.  We won't be going anywhere for Valentine's Day but we will have steak for supper. The cold and covid is keeping is in for a long time.  Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty roses! Stay warm! By the weekend things should be warmer!

Rose said...

We had steak for Valentine's day, too. I love that painting of the barn. And the iris...it reminds me of some of mine. Share all the cardinal shots you want...they are always enjoyable.