Thursday, February 18, 2021

Things of a Variety.....


 Three out of four hardy geraniums have survived the winter inside. The new green is promising as it looks like they are very healthy.


The back lighting isn't the best to show the birds plumage. They are sort of buddies and yet one seems to be dominate. They get special care twice a day with me closing the curtains at night and then opening back on the sliding glass doors. They have to do their aggressive calls to the outside would to warn the outside things that they are watching them. 


Taking a photo out their window shows the cupola that is leaning.  It sets on bricks but the freezing and thawing of the ground must have caused settling. It is not rotting out as I just rebuilt it to good as new when I brought from the old place. It had rotted off the garden shed and now all that wood is replaced. 


This restored piece still needs two new drawers or maybe just wood for shelves. It is an unfinished project as I haven't replaced the one drawer pull either.  I am working on displaying my pottery that I have made in my past.

We had a very light snow this morning and it has stopped.  We are at 18 degrees by mid day.  That is still cold but it isn't a minus temperature. We will stay home all day today. We will have melting temperatures by Sunday.  Maybe Texas can thaw out its windmills by then.  Thank you for checking in today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think you have more snow than we have! Hope you are having a good day! I will have a nap soon:)

Rose said...

We got 2-3 inches this morn...I think 3...but so light and fluffy is easy to shovel.

Your birds are pretty...