Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday, Recycle Day......


 A quck capture of this guy happened yesterday morning.  He wasn't too h ungry as he didn't stay two minutes. I am not refilling the tray for awhile until they get it really cleaned up.  The new tray was completely cleared this morning so I gave them a little more.


New kinds of zinnia seeds arrived yesterday.  I was disappointed in what the packages look like. I guess it is too expensive to put the color picture of the flower on the package.  I bought them because they were such nice looking flowers that show up on the net.  I am also confused as to how many seeds they are offering me.  I don't think it would be easy for them to count out 25 seeds for each package. 


The green bird house is almost blocked from view by the blue spruce. I still like the picture but should have leaned a little more to the right to get full view of the house. 


The deck is cleared so I should go clear the steps. It isn't easy to do it from the top down so I will have to wade through the snow outside to get to them. I could see this morning that my trellis has settled crooked over the winter.  I should have the strength now to dig better holes for its legs and straighten it.


My 12th year anniversary is coming up next month.  I have been dragging out photos of when I first did blogging.  I have mixed emotions of returning to the first blogs as we have lost  of dogs and cats that can be seen int the early years.  It is sad to see them young and healthy. I did write a  whole lot more on my blogs back then but there was a lot of things going on in our lives the year before 2009.  Two deaths in my family and another  one the next year in my wife's family. We also had a wedding in Maine that year.  I guess I started writing and posting pictures to share my life's ups and downs.  I am going to hang in there even though a lot of my blogger friends have just stopped. Thank you for stopping by today.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Always enjoy dropping in.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy 12th blogging Anniversary! You are my mid Iowa connection to the world! Sure hope you keep blogging!