Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Tuesday's Things......


 I was headed downstairs to work on a new project but I had to stop and take this picture.  I don't know how long he had been there but it was actually a good surprise to look out the window and see him there.


When we set out in the sun room we can't see the feeders very well so I got an idea.  I didn't want anything fancy so I looked for leftover wood pieces that I could cobble together. 

 


I am not patient enough to wait to share a photo with birds on it.  I am glad that I could get it made and get it installed. While sitting in the sun room we can look out and see the tray. I could adapt a roof on it but for now it is good enough for the job. Birds that normally like to eat on the ground do sometimes eat on a tray feeder.  I am sure the doves and the juncos will hit it especially if it has great seeds on it to eat. 


As a diabetic I find great comfort in eating sugar free jello. It is great. I rambled about my grandmothers walnut table in an earlier blog and how she served jello every big family dinner.  This is the other bowl that she used for this task. I have a few bowls that did get broken but a few are still around. 


My downy woodpecker likes to show off.  I like all of his positions but this is my favorite one.  We were at -17 degrees F. and I see we have warmed up to 5 degrees F. this Tuesday afternoon. We will survive it but I am ready for it to warm up tomorrow.  Thanks for checking in on my spot today.

PS. I told you we were on a list and tomorrow we go in to get our first covid shots. I am really happy about it.  I take a blood thinner now and I am hoping they don't not give me the shot.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get your shots! I got my first one today...just a bit of a stiff arm so far! :)

Rose said...

Do you not have trouble with starlings? I am so tired of them. We used to get all kinds of birds but the starlings eat almost every bit of food before the others get a chance to get any.