Sunday, February 28, 2021

The Sunday Times.....


 The earth is titling back as in this familiar landscape that I share now shows the sun moving back across the horizon.  Most of the time during the winter it was behind the rouse shown on the right. I


The tilting of the earth is always leaving me confused.  I went out last evening to see the full moon and it was not t here. I know a few days ago I did see it in the east as a day time moon. I suppose it is over the horizon behind those houses. 


The starlings are coming in gangs now. My wife likes to go to the window and scare them away from the deck.  The are a  rough acting group and do drive away all birds when they hit the feeders. As I am not refilling the feeders for a while so the leftover seed on the deck can get eaten up by all the birds, I don't see the common starlings as much. 


It is slightly off focus but the Peruvian lilies still show off with great colors. They are a long lasting lily and will be the last to survive in a store bought bouquet.  I don't know if I mentioned it before but I ordered a set of new iris yesterday.  The are the kind that are tall and they bloom twice in the summer. I think there were five of them or more in their packaged deal.  The iris will come to me planted in plastic pots, already sprouting some leaves. I will have to get creative to find a place to plant them. My yard is getting filled up but I know there are some blank places 

I am a lot blurry today and I seem to have to type everything three or four times.  I guess it is a down day for the fingers and brain.  I hope I got it all edited to proper English.  Thanks for sstopping by today. 


I stopped by the fish after I had fed them and just watched them. They were so busy feeding that the camera could only get a blurred effect. Each fish has different size or different markings. Kids at school would name my fish when I was a teacher.

2 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

With the snow melting, it reveals all of the un-eaten bird seed near the window. I use this area for my tomatoes, and I hate it when the birdseed ends up growing weeds. It serves me right for coddling the birds so... AND setting up the feeder where my summer garden is to be. Ah well.. live and learn. Or else repeat the same mistakes every year and complain about it. I hope the snow continues to melt.. we have huge piles still lingering around our parking lot.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have a good rest of your Sunday! Hi to Della:)