Friday, April 2, 2021

Friday....


 


The house finch shows great red feathers. They like the new seed that I put out recently. It is remarkable as to how much redder he is at this time of the year.


 


 


 

I take a lot of photos and I don't remember what I have shared on the two different blogs. If there is a repeat I do go back and exchange them when I catch it.


We have not cats or dogs in our house. We miss them but that isn't going to happen anymore. We do have neighbors directly behind us who have two cats that show up in their sliding glass door windows. The have the feeding dish right next to that window so we get to enjoy them from afar.  The photo is a little blurry above but we see these two dogs that entertain us. The lab and Boston terrier are good friends and chase and run all over the yard. They both beg to get back inside. Sometimes on weekends the grandchildren come outside to play with them.  Two house south is another Boston terrier that we see when the leaves are off the trees. That dog has five kids to dodge during the summer when they are all outside at the same time.


The creeping phlox will look great later on but for now it looks dead and dry. Tulips on the side are not budded yet. My neighbor's red tulips are always early and they are in full bloom. 

It is Friday and we may venture out this afternoon when it warms up a little.  We actually shopped at a Target yesterday and walked all around at the store.  We were looking for a wreath for out friend's grave but it is early for them to be on display.  They will go out right after Easter though.  We did find a few things for our one grandson's birthday. We can wrap them and send them this time rather than ship them through an internet company. I am thinking I need to get some tomato plants bought so I can grow them larger in the sun room. It would take a major trip to find a place for them right now. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Love those Hyacinths. Nothing like that around here yet!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Crocus is blooming too! I know how much you miss having a dog...we miss that too...but it won't be happening here either.
Today I was in Menards they had wilting phlox, pansies and Geraniums:)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

We have one daffodil. So far, only five dandelions in the yard. No other flowers. It is a good thing I did not plant my Cardinal Creeper as we got some serious frost just yesterday. I can't wait till the flowers start to bloom again.