Thursday, April 1, 2021

Thursday's Things.....




I have a bird that I can not identify. I think I find it strange that I have never seen this one before now. It has subtle color and the head is just a little bit lighter in color.


 

Happiness is when you white iris comes back from the harsh winter weather. It is a variety that I received from a neighbor a few years ago. I moved it here to the new place and it is hardy.


 This too shows that the move of the iris being moved from the shade and out into the open was successful. 


If I am  hiring my mowing to be done by a cutting group then I should have time to deal with the grass problem in my iris beds.  I remember my Grandma Brooks would get out with her big butcher knife and cut grass out of her iris. That was a long time ago memory as she has been gone since 1973.  I still have memories of her butcher knife as there are cut marks in her walnut table which I hae,where she cut things up on the top. 


A recent shot of the daffodils blowing in the wind. I am tired of the cold winds and will be glad for the weekend when we will warm up.  Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

All Iris beds seem to get full of quack grass...until the Iris just die...that is what has happened to mine. My neighbor in North Dakota would put round up in a bucket and put on plastic gloves and then cotton gloves and wet the grass:)