Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tulips and Daffodils.....guppies.


 

My wife and I went to the old place yesterday to sew some grass seed in needed spots of the yard. It was spring up there too. The flowers south of the house are protected so are in full bloom.  I had to dig around among the tools in the house to find a razor tool to cut off the flowers and we stuck them in water in an old plastic water pitcher. 



Back at our new home place the Rembrandt tulips are doing well this year. I planted them in the fall of 2019 and they looked pretty good last year. This year they are looking great. You can see the peony sprouting up next to it. Tulips are a pain to plant but there is a reward to the digging and placing of bulbs seasons before you get your reward.


Another view on the opposite side shows the planting of two bulbs that ended up being the same colors.  I am trying to rework this flower bed area and I guess I need to find permanent  to make the bed look better. The former owner planted the peony but he then planted wild flower plants that just don't help to make the bed look great.


A shot of the bed shows that it looks bad during this time of the season. I feel badly that the neighbor to the right of this bed has to see this area. I guess I could fill it in with hostas and a shrub or two. 


I was at the pet store to buy two algae eater fish for my goldfish tank. The new light causes the algae to grow rapidly so I needed them. I decided to get some guppies, just for the fun of it.  I had a smaller tank that they went into and now I have more livestock.  I haven't had guppies for twenty years or more.  My very first tank that I ever owned was filled with guppies and other tropical fish.  I even grew angel fish back then. 

Thank you for stopping by today.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Heavens! It's like summer at your place.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such pretty Tulips!