Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Leaves Galore....


 Our struggling burning bush still has some good red color.  I am glad that the whole bsh is now red completely. 



The front yard has two trees that have now have turned to fall colors. The leaves are starting to fall and blow all the way down the hill.  My neighbors fresh mowed yard is speckled with these leaves.



I like the yellow and green leaves that are on the northern side of the trees.  At the very beginning of the time when they started to turn a few of the leaves turned red. I mowed the back yard area today with my push mower trying to cleanup some of the mess of scattered leaves.  I won't do any more mowing back there but I was pleased that I could do it myself.  I mowed a little bit under the locust tree in the front and I can see that I can clean things up there in the next few days. I will mow things in parts and the front trees will need multiple mowing when they do finally fall on the ground. It was cold enough that I dressed for winter temps but it wasn't too miserable while I mowed.

Thanks for stopping by today. 



5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Our leaves are still falling, I dare say leaf-mulching will continue for several weeks. such beautiful colors there Larry, and glad you were able to stay strong and use your push mower.
Jo

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got some beautiful colours there now.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

There are a very few trees left around here that still have their leaves. However, there are a couple in Iowa City where the tree has 4-5 different colors on them all at the same time! I simply must get a picture of it before the leaves drop. I'm not sure, but I think it may be a Ginko tree. ( Usually, those are green or yellow in the fall.. I think) You are very lucky to have the red bush still this late in the season.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear that you had the energy to mow! The Dr must have okayed it! Take your time and rest when you get tired!

Val Ewing said...

Burning bushes have always been a favorite of mine in the fall because of the bright colors.