Monday, November 29, 2021

Red Splash.....


 I didn't have the strength to put up the decorations on the railing last year.  A year later after surgery is a whole ne ballgame. 



It went up easily with some help from my wife. The fake poinsettias look ok with the garland and lights.



The angels were bought at a downtown historic business probably thirty years ago.  That building burned down and is now going to be a park rather than having the building replaced. I have to glue the wings back on to some of them but they have weathered well.  We use to have that garland under out fireplace mantel at the old house.  The stairway railing is a better place.



The tree is ready for the addition of ornaments.  I have a new chest of drawers that will  hold that tree and it looks good there.  I keep remembering the gifting of that chest of drawers that I got in many different parts needing to be glued back together again. It was a fun restoration of a very historic piece of furniture.  I keep reminding myself that they said they were going to put it in the burn pile because they couldn't take it to the auction. 

Maybe tomorrow you will see the tree decorated.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Those Angels are very unique! I've never seen anything like it before.

I'm glad you were able to do these things this year.

That is a really great dresser too!